Wednesday, May 28, 2008

when in rome...

roma drinking fountian
you just drink right from them or fill up your water bottle
coolest thing ever
well, today we didn't do as much sight seeing. today we lived like the romans do. relaxed and taking it easy. first, i got to sleep in and then off to the market. it wasn't exactly like i had imagined it. the clothes were all really cheap but, not any i liked very much. i did get a couple of really pretty rings like the one above. they are cool because they look old and are big, and chunky, and just are from italy. i also got a pair of classic italian black high heels. they were really nice and cheap and i liked them. i'm excited for them. then my last thing i got was some really cute sunglasses. i liked the market. then we went to lunch at a little family-owned restuarant. it was so cute and delicious. they even grew their own herbs out front. it was so cool. after that we had to get swimsuits so i bought my own italian swimsuit and also so perfume that smells so good and its in italian. i love italy. tomorrow our plan is to go by the sea and eat lunch then go to this little town thats supposed to be like pompeii except bigger and better. i'm excited. one thing in italy that i don't like is the no ice thing. it drives me crazy!! i'm so craving ice right now. but one cool thing about rome is they have these water fountians everywhere that just run always that have fresh water coming out of them. they are so good. well, i'm going to take a nap on a swing in a garden. could life get much better??

7 comments:

Matt Ras said...

Ya, um, could you please pick me up one of those italian swimsuits. I kinda need one, you know, for the summer and stuff. Thanks in advance.

It's actually good that I'm not in Italy because those water fountain deals leave themselves wide open to have jokes made about them. I'm not sure what jokes would be made, but there's got to be something there...

Hermana Caitlin McGrath said...

oh my gosh. spare me please

Mary said...

Gret post, Cait. I LIKE the fountains. (Matt--watch your comments!) And I LOVE hearing about your trip. It sounds like a blast. Keep on blogging and taking lots of pics!

Matt Ras said...

Cait, spare you the awesome jokes or the me in an italian swimsuit part? I'm so confused. :)

Clint said...

I'm not sure what Matt is talking about - what possible joke?

You're getting so spoiled Caitlin. We all know how much you love Mesa - now more than ever I'm sure. Hope you had a great nap and rest of the day. Don't be surprised if Mom and I show up in a few days to hang out. We're both so jealous. We love you!!!!

Hermana Caitlin McGrath said...

spare me the jokes matt. i don't want roma ruined for me

Matt Ras said...

I'm moderately offended that you think that I would in any way ruin Roma for you.